Tretinoin is the medication used to treat skin acne and the brand name of the medication is Renova which belongs to a class of retinoid drugs. Generally, the drug is available in two forms one is Tretinoin cream and another one is Tretinoin gel. Both the formulations contain vitamin A and used for the topical prescription of skin acne though some minor differences are there in their formulations.
Difference between Tretinoin Gel Vs Tretinoin
Although both the formulations are used for the same treatment of Skin acne and it contains the similar active ingredient called Tretinoin. In contrast, the inactive ingredient and strengths of the drugs are different.
Tretinoin cream strengths are
Tretinoin gel strengths are
The usual adult dosage for Acne is Tretinoin cream 0.1 whereas Tretinoin cream 0.05 and 0.0.25 are used to treat dematoheliosis ailment. The cream should be applied only to the affected skin area surface only once before sleep. The usual dosage of gel formulation is Tretinoin gel 0.1 which is also applied on the top of the affected skin area and wrinkles.
Inactive ingredient difference
Tretinoin cream contains lesser alcohol, in contrast, the gel formulation contains more alcohol than that of the cream, as a result, the gel can dry your skin better than the cream one. Most of the peoples are using cream based preparation for anti-aging and other skin problems but dermatologists prefer cream formula for the winter season and the gel formula for the summer season.
How to use Tretinoin
Before the use or buy Tretinoin online, consult your doctor if you are allergic to the retinoid class drugs. Some general usage information are,
- Before using this drug wash your hands cleanly and use a mild cleanser to wash the affected skin surface.
- Do not use a higher amount of medicine which cause itching and skin redness henceforth use a low amount of medication and apply in the affected place in a thin layer.
- Apply the drug as prescribed by your dermatologists or follow the directions which are mentioned in the medicine label.
- Always, use the medication only once per day before the bedtime.
- Use the Tretinoin only on the skin and avoid getting into your eyes, if it is so, wash your eyes with plenty of water because which may cause severe irritation.
- This medication is not recommended for pregnant ladies because the drug is a topical medicine hence which cause harm to the unborn baby.
- The drug is available in many forms so consult your doctor to choose the best one according to your health and skin condition as well.